Hawaii Kai Dance Academy Information:
Important information for everyone who wants to march in the parade on Saturday morning, Nov 24th.
First of all, this is a HUGE parade. There will be more than 1200 participants in 49 groups.
Please read this email and all attachments in their entirety to make sure everything goes smoothly on this day.
You may also view these these details and attachments online at: http://hidanceacademy.com/parade
* Miss Taylor (tues ballet), Miss Justine (sat ballet), and Mr Nahale (Fri hip hop) will be our marching group leaders.
* You may call the studio number (808) 304-2118 to reach group leaders during the parade.
* We will be distributing t-shirts for attendees to wear during the parade on a first come first serve basis.
* Please wear white shorts/pants if possible and Santa hats (if you have)
* If your child is younger than 10, you will need to march with your child. 10+ may be dropped off.
* All attendees should be at the Kamiloiki Park staging area (see attached map) NO LATER THAN 9am!
* There will be no parking at Kamioliki Park, it will be drop off only.
* HKDA Hip Hop Instructor Nahale will be coordintating marching instructions from 9am - 10am.
* Parade starts promptly at 10am.
* We are group 43 of 49 .
* Parade ends at around 11:30am at Koko Marina Center near studio.
GENERAL INFORMATION FROM PARADE ORGANIZER:
2018 Hawaii Kai Holiday Parade Saturday, November 24, 2018
PARTICIPANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR REPORTING, STAGING, AND ROUTING
1. Reporting time is from 8:15 a.m. and no later than 9:00 a.m. Traffic after 9:00 a.m.
will be very congested due to lane closures. The parade starts promptly at 10am.
2. Look for your organization name on the “Parade Position and Staging List” to find your assigned parade position number and your staging area; then find your position number on the “Kamiloiki Park & School Parade Staging Area Map”. Hawaii Kai Lions in their yellow shirts or vests will be stationed at all sites to assist you.
3. NO SHUTTLE SERVICE WILL BE AVAILABLE SO ALL PARTICIPANTS SHOULD BE DROPPED OFF AT THE STAGING AREA. Parking after drop off will be available at Hawaii Kai Church, Latter Day Saints Church, or Koko Head Elementary School. These parking sites are marked on the Parking Area & Koko Marina Shopping Center Map as Parking Area 1, 2, and 3 respectively.
4. Band Buses: Drop off band members at Kamiloiki Park on Lunalilo Home Rd., then park at Koko Head Elementary School across Kalanianaole Hwy. marked on the Parking Areas & Koko Marina Shopping Center map as Area 3.
5. Santa, Grand Marshall, Legislators, and Pageant Queens should be dropped off at Kamiloiki Elementary School. All East End Car Club members should drive their vehicles to Kamiloiki Elementary School. NO VEHICLES MAY BE LEFT AT KAMILOIKI SCHOOL. THE GATE WILL BE CLOSED AFTER THE PARADE STARTS.
6. Parade Route: Begin at Kamiloiki Park, along Lunalilo Home Road and end at Koko Marina Center. All marching units make a right turn after the Koko Marina 76 Service Station, proceed down the driveway as cold bottled water will be provided; continue through the area so as not to block units behind you. You are then free to leave or to enjoy the many festivities at the shopping center.
7. Motorized Vehicles and riders: Continue past the Koko Marina 76 Service Station intersection and discharge passengers by Taco Bell. Passengers can then proceed to the refreshment area. No cars will be allowed to turn into the Koko Marina Center right after the Koko Marina 76 Service Station.
8. FOR SAFETY PURPOSES, PARTICIPANTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DISTRIBUTE CANDIES OR LEAFLETS DURING THE PARADE. Volunteers following Santa will be the only ones authorized to hand out wrapped candy canes along the parade route. Also, no skateboards or scooters are allowed in the parade.
9. All participants must keep up with the group in front, leaving a space of approximately three car lengths.
10. In case of emergency during the parade call Lions Club member Ed Lee at 348-7332. An ambulance and fire truck will be part of the parade. Police Officers will also be posted along the route to assist.